Family Promise is an organization that helps homeless families find permanent housing while asking area churches to provide meals and lodging in their church building for a period of time. We will be hosting two weeks with our guests arriving on August 6th and leaving on the 20th.
There are many opportunities to serve:
* Set up and break down: this entails setting up their bedrooms and living areas before they arrive and taking it down at the end of the two weeks.
* Food shopping and weekly refreshing items if needed.
* Preparing and serving dinner on weekdays entails meeting our guests at the church at 5 PM and staying till overnight hosts arrive at 7 PM. Sign up here to be a meal provider!
* Preparing and serving lunch and dinner on the weekends; 1-3 PM Saturday & Sunday lunch and 5-7 PM dinner on Saturday and Sunday.
* Weekend hosts are needed to spend time with our guests throughout the day on Saturday and after church on Sunday.
* Overnight hosts: overnight hosts sleep over at the church with our guests from 7 PM to 7 AM. Overnight hosts are provided with a separate bedroom and blowup mattress and linens. Sign up here to be an overnight host!
* There s always a possibility that we will be hosting a family where the father is present. In that case we will need married couples to volunteer as overnight hosts. We will not know if this is the case until shortly before our host dates. If you are willing to remain "on call" for this possibility.
Welcome gifts- any ideas welcome.
Thank you all for prayerfully considering this as an opportunity to be the hands and feet of Christ.
Any questions: email Noelle Klimek
community | ONGOING OPPORTUNITIES
Durga Tree International I Volcano relief in Guatemala
Thursday, June 14th, 2018We will be collecting monetary donations and NEW items until June 14th. Items do not need to be purchased through Amazon, but need to be at the Durga Tree International office at 35A Wilson Drive, Sparta, NJ 07871 by Thursday, June 14th. If you would like more information about Durga Tree International, please visit durgatreeinternational.org
Provides free daily meals to all who enter from 11:30 - 12:30 p.m.
54 High Street - Newton, NJ973.579.6517If you would like to help prepare meals, please contact Marcia.
Local Food Pantry
We have an ongoing collection for non-perishable food items (please include baby food and pet food too). Collection basket in the hallway near the kitchen. We also have opportunities throughout the year to glean vegetables from our property for local food banks, sponsored by Women's Ministry.
Market Street Mission
Collections of toiletries, undergarments & socks for men at the Market Street Mission in Morristown. Basket available in the hallway near the kitchen
Contact Pastor Bob with any questions regarding community serving opportunities >>